Monday, June 2, 2008

First Day Back to "Work"

So I'm doing a temporary work assignment for a popular employment agency, correcting grade school exam papers - correction, marking one question a thousand times per day, said to continue for 7 days.  It's not so bad - i.e., some of the kids' responses either make you laugh, shake your head or just want to cry.  Where I come from (Trinidad), I did this sort of thing in elementary school.  Apparently this is being taught in middle school, Grade 8.  Not having a US elementary or secondary education, I consider myself privileged because I was way more advanced apparently at this stage of the game.  

I often wonder how I would react if I had kids in the school system here, to see the things that are deemed acceptable, the attitude kids have towards learning, it completely blows my mind.  Anyway, enough of that - I did meet some nice people, all too willing to help me get acclimated.  They all seemed to be professional at this. 

It was a hot summer day - golly gee whiz - 99 degrees on my way home, and 104 in my car!  Is this what we're in for this summer?  Give me central air!!!!!!!!!

So my mother is coming next week - it's a sensitive situation! Will divulge as it goes - maybe!  Anyway, I'm sssooooo sleeppy.  Got up at 3am this morning, I guess I was nervous about starting work today.  Let's see how it goes - I need to go shower and hit the sack. 

No comments: