Saturday, August 2, 2008

Way Overdue

So it's now August - I can't believe that I have not posted since May or early June, I forget which. Well, a lot has happened since then. I got a new job, moved to a new state and city, and pretty much changed my whole life.

I was fortunate enough to land a job in Frisco, TX, and from all indications, it appears that I might actually really like what I do. My boss is quite awesome, and I think he's a fair, honest person, and so far has impressed me with his integrity....This is huge for me, because I really wanted to be able to work in an environment where I respect the people I work with.

My co-worker is awesome! We hit it off right away, we have a lot in common and we have the same almost crazily perfectionist type attitude. It looks like we will work well together - even if we don't share the same political views:) But she is quite brilliant, I must say, kinda makes me feel slightly intimidated - ok not really - we each have our strengths!

So I live in Frisco in the great huge state of TEXAS! Where the only temperature so far is hot! Hotter! and HOTTER!!!!!
I am renting a room in a townhouse with a gay couple who are simply wonderful, and of course they are having just a dandy time on vacation in GREECE!!!! Like how jealous am I right now. I am pet sitting their two puppies and an iguana. This is very weird and strange for me, since anyone who knows me, knows that I hate having to care for or be responsible for anything. But so far it's going ok - wouldn't go so far as to say it's going well, only because for some reason, the big puppy seems to cry and whine a lot - maybe she's missing the guys.

Now that I have a new computer now, I will start blogging more frequently - I really need to get on the ball about this - like how else am I going to get serious about writing - lol! I have to check with an English major, I think I write with too many of these things!!!! Maybe I just think in exclamations. LOL. Okay so this last paragraph is just crap - I'm sleepy, goodnight!

1 comment:

amyengineer said...

I think you're pretty awesome too, lucky my getting such a great co-worker! Thanks for overlooking my conservative political streak, we all have our faults ;)